Don't Miss Your Moment
It is very important to be able to discern the times in order to make sure you don't miss your moment.
Ecclesiastes 3: 11 says, He makes all things beautiful in its time.
Now look at Joshua 2: 1
And Joshua the son of Nun sent out of Shittim two men to spy secretly, saying go view the land, even Jerico. And they went and came into the harlot's house, named Rahab, and lodged there.
Now we know that there is nothing beautiful about being a harlot. Harlot, that word doesn't sound so bad but in today's English, she would be called a prostitute, a whore, or in Ebonics, a hoe. Not so pretty. But look at verse 9, Rahab, who had hidden the spies and lied about their whereabouts gives this testimony of faith.
Joshua 2: 9-13
9. And she said unto the men, I know that the Lord hath given you the land, and that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you.
10. And we heard of the Lord how the Lord dried up the Red Sea for you, when you came out of Egypt; and what you did unto the two Kings of the Amorites, that were on the other side of Jordan, Shion and Og whom ye utterly destroyed.
11. As soon as we heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you, for the Lord your God, He is God, in heaven above and on earth beneath.
12. Now therefore, I pray you swear unto me by the Lord, since I have shewed you kindness, that ye will also shew kindness unto my father's house, and give me a true token.
13. And that ye will save alive my father and my mother, and brethern and my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death.
Now the spies gave her a true token, the scarlet cord. they had experienced the divine protection of the blood of the lamb sprinkled on the door posts back in Egypt which saved the lives of the first born, as long as they stayed in the house. And now they reveal to Rahab God's plan to save man by the blood. Because that which is now has already been.
Rahab, a woman in an ugly profession understood that this was her moment. She discerned what God was doing and by faith she hid the spies and asked them to save her, her father and mother, brothers and sisters, and all they had. It was something about knowing that this was her time that gave her boldness to hide the spies and ask that not only she be saved alive, but her whole family and all their possessions.
This woman in her ugly profession became beautiful in her time. Hebrews 11: 31 says, By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace. Isn't that beautiful! Rahab got listed in the "hall of faith" because she knew her time. Not only that but she married Salmon and gave birth to Obed, who was the father of Jesse, who was the father of David the King. She is in the liniage of Jesus. He makes all things beautiful in its time.
Moving Ahead of God, to be continued...