Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Bloom ©



















I sit
watching my days like clouds fading
from morning to evening

I sit wondering
where are my 
dreams, my sunbeams of promises?

I think 
who will listen to  my story?
who can I tell...
 
Someone stole my innocence long, long ago
A small unfolded rosebud sending out aromatic essence of bloom
wandering in the wind

Waiting...not expecting to be handled
Not wanting to be held and cast  aside
Cool winds whispering my name

I watched
as the sun spilled over the horizon
to caress my tender petals

Someone claimed my 
sweet breath too soon 
Fresh days of springtime

I was a spring garden
full of light, cool winds swaying, birds all in harmony
bees buzzing

I ran
so full of
expectancy and ecstasy

I ran
into the face of life
Too young to know what it would bring me
 
Hot summer days
dogs barking
fear running up my legs ringing loud in my head

I listened to
love songs
love poems
 
I listened
to soft words with clandestine meanings
Too young to know tender plants need room to bloom

Time to rise and be strong 
Somebody picked me 
when I was just a rosebud

I wonder
Can I grow from here?
Will winter overtake me?
 
I wonder 
can I be a beautiful rose
in Autumn?
 
I see crimson tides
peeking over blue horizons
pouring liquid light all over me

I feel strong
Sweet, gentle perfume rolls off my
soft velvet petals

Penetrating the amber air
I’m in bloom
again