Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Bloom ©



















I sit
watching my days like clouds fading
from morning to evening

I sit wondering
where are my 
dreams, my sunbeams of promises?

I think,  
who will listen to  my story, 
who can I tell?
 
Someone stole my innocence long, long ago.
A small unfolded rosebud sending out aromatic essence of bloom
wandering in the wind.

Waiting... not expecting to be handled. 
Not wanting to be held and cast  aside.
Cool winds whispering my name.

I watched
as the sun spilled over the horizon
to caress my tender petals. 

Someone claimed my 
sweet breath too soon.  
Fresh days of springtime...

I was a spring garden
full of light, cool winds swaying, birds all in harmony
bees buzzing. 

I ran
so full of
expectancy and ecstasy.

I ran
into the face of life. 
Too young to know what it would bring me.
 
Hot summer days, 
dogs barking, 
fear running up my legs ringing loud in my head,

I listened to
love songs, 
love poems.
 
I listened
to soft words with clandestine meanings. 
Too young to know tender plants need room to bloom.

Time to rise and be strong.  
Somebody picked me 
when I was just a rosebud. 

I wonder... 
Can I grow from here?
Will winter overtake me?
 
I wonder...  
Can I be a beautiful rose
in Autumn?
 
I see crimson tides
peeking over blue horizons
pouring pure light all over me. 

I feel strong.
Sweet, gentle perfume rolls off my
soft velvet petals... 

Penetrating the amber air
I’m in bloom
again.