Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Africa's Children of Destiny

 














When the angel of sleep cradles me
In the warm nocturnal blanket of midnight
I dream
I dream of children
Africa's children
Dark and comely
Waiting in the corridors of justice
With eyes of hope, dreams of promise, hearts of courage
Africa's sons and daughters
Arising from the dust to walk as kings and queens in the earth
And so they come
From the four corners of the dark continent
As a mighty army
Africa's children
Dark and comely
Marching in step, in time, in divine synchrony
Marching to fulfill their destiny
I hear the voice of destiny summonsing her children
Awake, awake, put on your strength
Shake yourselves from the dust
It's your time now
Awake Africa's children of destiny
Like a veil lifted from my eyes
The angel of sleep escapes with the rising of the sun
Over the horizon past the expanse of the deep blue
I see farther than my eyes can see
Africa's sons and daughters marching like waves of glory
converge upon the earth
Dark and comely
Africa's children covering the earth
And justice shall run down like water
and righteousness like a mighty stream
All the earth shall see it together
and the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord
As the waters cover the sea
And so they come Africa's children of destiny

by Donna McKanders






 

No comments:

Post a Comment