Thursday, June 19, 2014

Today I set before You an Open Door















 
What a difference a day makes
Yesterday, it all seemed so simple
Running, with lifted arms
Praising God, for life, youth, love
Nothing to stop me
No barriers, no past to be paralyzed by,
An empty canvass
A big old road block named Trouble,
got in my way
Never met him before
He followed me everywhere I went,
Mostly I saw his shadow
Creeping around every door
What you want?
Why you following me?
I thought I heard him say,
I want your future,
yo destiny
Every move I make,
Trouble is mocking me
You cain’t rise up, might as well stop tryin
I stopped yo Momma, yo Daddy,
yo cousins an nem
You might as well give in,
You cain’t win
I tried to look Trouble in the eye
I couldn’t find him nowhere,
Just his shadow
You just an illusion
Causing confusion
A shadow of something
already defeated
Under my feet
Today is a brand new day
Ain’t nothing gonna stop me
Cause I ain’t scared no more
I see before me an open door
I’m walking through it this time.
Into my destiny…